Location: San Pedro, Ambergris Caye, Belize, Caribbean (2 Mile North of San Pedro On Ambergris Caye)
Accommodations: Condo, 2 Bedrooms, 2 Baths, Queen Couch (Sleeps 4 adults & 2, 12 and under kids) +
Welcome to the Beautiful Country of Belize! Come visit us on Ambergris Caye, or as the locals call it, San Pedro.
Our family has been visiting Belize since 2005 and we have fallen in love with the country and all it has to offer. We loved San Pedro so much that we have bought a vacation property in April 2007. It is situated 2 miles North of town over the bridge, that’s where we found Grand Caribe.
For more information on the rentals features and activities, click here.
Grand Caribe was completed in 2011 and represents the best San Pedro has to offer its guests. While the arriving vacationer has several options for transportation, the most popular is the golf cart that can be rented in town and driven to Grand Caribe for a reasonable rate. Having a golf cart at your disposal makes touring around the island, going into town for dinner, or shopping for groceries, hassle free and kinda fun! Water taxi and Island ferry run past the dock until the wee hours providing a convenient way to get back home after a night out at Jaguar’s. Pedaling along the beach on a rented bicycle gives you a local flavor and view, for just a couple of dollars a day. Lets not forget that wandering around barefoot is the best way to immerse yourself in the laid back atmosphere of San Pedro. And last, but not least, laying by the pool or swinging in the hammock one can get the best appreciation of the Sun and breeze.
For the vacationer that wants to see what the area has to offer the list is to long to print here but this is a sample:
- World class diving, pick up and drop off at Grand Carib Dock. Chose a guide from a dozen of the certified diving companies and then choose from, reef, drift, night, Blue Hole and wall dives.
- Snorkeling around the dock or playing with the Sharks and Rays in Shark Ray Alley. Hol Chan is a Mayan word for hole in the reef and this trip provides the chance to see innumerable fish.
- Go fishing for Snapper off the dock or hire a guide and try your luck with the bone fish in the lagoon. What ever you chose, the fishing is world class and is close by.Sailing in the Trade winds is a blast, wether on a Hobie Cat or enjoying the service aboard a Sunset cruise around San Pedro.
- Want to know more about the ancient Mayan civilization? Then a tour of Altun Ha, Lamanai, Caracol, Cerros, and others is in order.
- Belize Zoo is a chance for the whole family to see the flora and fauna that make Belize one of the most unique countries on earth.
- San Pedro isn’t the only place in Belize that has lots of character, Caye Caulke to the south all the way down to Placencia, each boast there own unique flavor and offerings.
- Zip line in the jungle and share memories for years.
- For those that don’t mind dark places, cave tubing gives an amazing tour of underground rivers and caverns!
Eating out or staying in, this is the place for you! If a walk down the beach for lunch is your style than wander down to Palapa Bar and drink Belikin or lite house beer over the water. If a romantic upscale dinner is on the menu than Portofino’s offers pick up at the dock in their own boat. Hidden Treasure will pick you up at the boat dock too. Hop a water Taxi or drive into town on the golf cart for a huge selection of local culinary options. Feed the Tarpon from the dock will dinning over the back lagoon at Sunset Grill. Watch people and eat dinner overlooking the beach at Blue Water Grill. Fido is a must for a drink or to eat. Elvis has good food. Stop by one of the many hole in the wall cafes dotting the streets for a plate of rice and beans. The discriminating chef will find all the ingredients needed to cook in the condo while visiting any of the local markets.
Grand Caribe has the largest fresh water pool in Belize. Two smaller salt water pools compliment the grounds with two hot tubs close by. Swim up bar and water falls and even a splash pool for families with little ones. Take advantage of the trade winds out on the dock while watching and listening to the waves crash on the reef!
Have a question, or need to make a reservation for supper at Wild Mangoes, the helpful and friendly staff at Grand Caribe go the extra mile to make your visit comfortable and worry free.